About this Group
The ACA Wellbeing and Lifestyle Management (WLM) Group acts to promote the integration of best-practice chiropractic care with the evidence-based management of Lifestyle-related determinants of health with the view to advancement of further education and research.
The evolution of this group reflects a growing interest and need for a broader focus and robust evidence-base for the effective chiropractic management of the multiple complex factors impacting the health of those within our care. Lifestyle Management is a rapidly advancing global field of healthcare entirely consistent with chiropractic principles and provides an interdisciplinary, patient-centric and holistic approach toward the prevention, management and reversal of lifestyle-related chronic diseases through the modification of behavioural, social and environmental drivers.
Aims and Objectives:
The members of the Wellbeing and Lifestyle Management CIG work in collaboration with chiropractic colleagues, chiropractic students, allied health professionals, medical practitioners, educators, researchers and key stakeholders aligned with the principles of Lifestyle Management to:
- Promote the integration of evidence-based and ethical chiropractic health care with evidence-based wellbeing and Lifestyle-related healthcare management
- Maintain the role of the chiropractor as a primary care practitioner whilst working within an interdisciplinary environment incorporating Lifestyle Management
- Act as a peak peer review body for chiropractors providing chiropractic, Wellbeing and Lifestyle Management advice and guidance
- Develop, maintain an extensive accessible database of current research literature and other relevant information for the membership
- Act as an advisory body to the ACA board in the formation and development of policies relating to chiropractic and Lifestyle Management
Currently only the Member level is available for Wellbeing & Lifestyle Management CPG. If you wish to join or renew click below.